26 July, 2007

Windows Vista Sikkerhed...

Det ser ud som om Windows Vista ikke er så pisse sikker som nogle folk går og tror...

"I found an odd and troubling issue with Windows Vista the other day.

I locked my Windows Vista Laptop and walked away for a while, so the machine was at the Lock/Login Screen. I came back and decided to leave for the day, so I pressed the power button on the docking station and the machine started shutting down.

Now apparently to shut down, it logs me back in and starts shutting down applications. As troubling as it was, it got worse. The customer I work for uses Lotus Notes. I had Notes open with a large amount of databases open, so it takes a while for Notes to close. This causes the shutdown procedure to pause and ask if we want to force Lotus Notes to quit or cancel. Clicking cancel brings me back to windows and lotus notes.

WITHOUT EVER LOGGING IN!!!

I have tried it multiple times and it was repeatable. I tried it with other applications that had a lot open and happened to take too long to close, and it happens."

Se baggrundshistorien her.

1 comment: